Microsoft SQL Server is also known as a relational database management system (RDBMS) developed by Microsoft Corporation. In RDBMS popular databases currently in use are based on the relational database model where all data is represented in terms of tuples, grouped into relations and organized as a database in terms of the relational model called relational database. This is a software product whose main purpose is to store and retrieve data as requested by other software applications, on the identical computer or across a network (including the Internet). From the different editions of Microsoft SQL Server all are designed and developed for different audiences and workloads.
SQL Server 2014 Developer Edition is a technology advanced server developed and deployed for use as a development and test system, not as a production server, and is the perfect choice for individuals who build and test database applications. It gives freedom to developers to build different database application on top of SQL Server.
3 Main Features of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Developer Edition are, #
- Increase performance for operational processing, data warehousing, and Commercial Intelligence with In-Memory technologies built-in.
- Get easy access to big and small data, relational or non-relational, with a complete Commercial Intelligence solution that extents and offers cloud connection facts.
- Get the advantage of tools and abilities that unlock new hybrid setups with simplified database backup and disaster recovery to the cloud.
- New In-Memory OLTP Engine
- Enhanced Windows Server 2012 Integration
- Enhancements to AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Enhancements to Backups
- Updateable Columnstore Indexes
- SQL Server Data Tools for Business Intelligence
- Power BI for Office 365 Integration