vBulletin is a commercial Internet forum software developed in open source programming language PHP with MySQL database server supports to manage large database. vbulletin is a forum which can be configured according to the needs and requirements of website and its services. It has different categories where people share their knowledge or can ask their problems over different categories of forums to find some answers. It has different features like it allows,
- Cross-content search system providing a single interface to search across forum posts, blog entries and comments and other supported products.
- Improved search performance
- Easy to customize and manage
- SEO features, including friendly URLs
- Administrative control over every activity
Now lets see how to install V bulletin forum,
- The first step towards installing vBulletin is purchased a license copy and download the latest vBulletin package, upload it to your web server and run the installer script.
- But before installing vBulletin you need to have PHP and MySQL created database to store forum data.
- Once you have download the package Extract the archive in a separate folder of your computer.
- “Upload” This is the folder which content must be uploaded on your account with some important files of vBULletin forum like icense_agreement.html, vb3_readme.html and vb3_readme.txt.
- Now upload and install Forum files to your account but there are two ways, If you want a domain to redirect towards your forum then you can easily upload the contents of the upload folder in the ‘public_html’ folder of hosting account. Then the URL for your forum will be http://www.yourdomainname.com. And if you want to make forum as a part of your website then put it into a subfolder and the commonly used names for the folder is board, bboard, forum, phorum, community, but you are free to select the name whatever you want for your forum. Then the URL for your forum will be: http://www.yourdomainname.com/requireddirectoryname.
- Create required database tables and upload the files that are in the “upload” folder to the desired location.
To run a vBulletin forum on your website you will need a fast and secure hosting solution and InslyHost has high configuration hosting packages at so affordable prices to run secure hosting.
Like this post ?
Share on your Social Networking Profile ( Facebook, Twitter & Google+ ) and get a flat 10% Recurring discount on our VPS Hosting and Dedicated Servers.
Email us the shared link at : [email protected] or speak to our live chat operator now, by clicking on the “Live Chat” Scroller on the left-hand side of this page and we will provide you with the discount Coupon right away!