Softaculous is an auto installer tool same like Fantastico, but has around 176 ready Java and PHP based scripts to install within few clicks compare to Fantastico one-click installer. It allows you to install various scripts supported and build your own websites, blogs, forums, photo galleries and many more! WHMCS is one of the scripts available and supported by Softaculous.
In order to complete the WHMCS installation with softaculous, you will require a WHMCS License Key to enter during the installation process. WHMCS allows you order a Free Trial License Key to test it in your cheap web hosting environment, which is valid only for 15 days. This key is used to install the WHMCS on your website using the Softaculous Auto Installer. Let’s begin with how to obtain a whmcs trial license key.
How to Generate WHMCS Free Trial License Key
Step 1: Navigate to https://www.whmcs.com/freetrial.php , it will show you the below form:
Step 2: Fill all the required information given below, make sure you enter your actual details or else it won’t work.
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Company Name:
- Email Address:
- Address 1:
- Address 2:
- Phone Number:
- Enter Password:
- Confirm Password:
Step 3: Once you have filled all the information, Click on the Signup button. It will take you to the “Order Confirmation” page as show in the image below. You can save your order number and use it within 15 days, if you want to upgrade it to full version.
Step 4: Check your Mail Inbox, you will receive your WHMCS free trial license key. Use it during the installation of whmcs using softaculous.
Installing WHMCS with Softaculous Auto Installer
Step 1: Login to your cPanel Account using the username and password you have received after signing up your domain web hosting account.
Step 2: Type “Softaculous” in the Find box to the left of your control panel or scroll down and look for “Software/Services” section and Click on Softaculous.
Once you have click on softaculous application, it will launch and show you the below screen:
This is the home screen of Softaculous Auto Installer, on the left side you will see that there are around 176 scripts available for you to install.
Step 3: Now, Click on the arrow in-front of the “E-Commerce”, it will show you a drop down list where the “WHMCS” is listed. See below image:
Step 4: Click on the “WHMCS” as shown in the image above and it will take you to the “Overview” page showing the information about the software before installing it. Click on the “Install” tab shown in the image below:
Step 5: Once you click on the install tab, it will take you to the installation page. See below image:
Here you will need to enter the following required details to install the WHMCS for your website.
- Choose Protocol: Different protocols are showing in the drop down list, if you website has an SSL, then you must choose the HTTPS protocol or else choose http://www. or http:// protocol.
- Choose Domain: It allows you to select the domain name, if you have multiple domains in one account you can select anyone where you wish to install whmcs.
- In Directory: You can enter the directory where you want it to install, make sure the folder should not exist, just enter the directory name such as “whmcs” and the auto installer will create a directoy with that name. If you want to install it in your root directory just leave the field empty.
- Data Directory: Enter the directory name where you want to store its data, it should not be accessible by web. For example: if you enter the directory name as “whmcsdata” it will be created as /home/username/whmcsdata
- Database Name: You need to enter the database name to be created for the installation.
- CRON Job: Here you can specify the cron settings according to your requirement.
- Company Name: Under the settings, you can set your company name if you have.
- Company Email: You can specify your email address such as [email protected] .
- Valid License Key: If you have your own whmcs license key, just enter it in that field or go through the process shown at start of this tutorial to obtain a free trial license key.
- Admin Username: Enter a username in this field for your admin login.
- Admin Password: Enter a password in this field for your admin login.
- First Name: Enter your First Name here.
- Last Name: Enter your Last name here.
- Admin Email: Enter your admin email in this field.
You can also put your email address in the last field below the install button to receive the installation details.
Step 6: After filling all the required information, click on the “Install” button at the bottom of the page. It will show you the following screen showing the message “Congratulations, the software was installed successfully” along with the Login URL of WHMCS Admin and where the WHMCS has been installed.
Now, you can login into your WHMCS using your “Admin username “and “Admin password” that you entered during the installation of WHMCS.
Have a Great Day!
Like this post ?
Share on your Social Networking Profile ( Facebook, Twitter & Google+ ) and get a flat 10% Recurring discount on our VPS Hosting and Dedicated Servers.
Email us the shared link at :[email protected] or speak to our live chat operator now, by clicking on the “Live Chat” Scroller on the left-hand side of this page and we will provide you with the discount Coupon right away!